What is face-gym?
Face gym is a workout for facial muscles. Face is not only skin, to look “in shape”, you need to “work out” the forgotten 40 muscles in the face just as you do the rest of your body. The goal is to stimulate the facial muscles and restore the skin’s elasticity, as well as kick start lymphatic drainage, improve circulation, and promote collagen production.
What does a facial “workout” involve?
Like a body workout, there are different stages—warm up, cardio, sculpting, and cool down—and the whole thing takes about an hour.
What tools are used?
Basically, the face-gym depends on high energy kneading movements and cutting edge technology to tone and tighten facial muscles. The types of tools vary by workout style. A mini yoga ball is used to stretch the face, a radio frequency device to fight puffiness and bagginess, a roller to boost collagen and smooth fine lines, an electrical muscle stimulator (EMS) used for firming. For cool down stage—a jade gua sha tool is used to calm the face down after all that activity.
What are the benefits of face-gym?
- It is considered as a non-surgical face lift
- The workout will result in more sculpted cheekbones and jawline
- Improved circulation will result in radiant skin
- Radio frequency is designed to heat the skin tissue and stimulate collagen production to reduce the appearance of lines and tighten the skin.
Just like Cardio, Pilates and yoga sessions. We don’t think twice about toning our muscles at the gym, why think differently about the face?
What types of face-gym facials are offered at Dr. Faiza Al Ali Medical Center?
- Yoga face-gym: 30 minutes relaxing, toning, lifting and boosting session.
- Pilates face-gym: 45 minutes toning, lifting using hands in addition to devices to stimulate muscles and contour the face.
- Cardio face-gym: 60 minutes extensive workout for sculpting cheeks, lifting eyebrows, and defining jawline using both hands and tools. Followed by a relaxing mask.
How long do results last?
Results are immediate, however, temporary. It is exactly like body gym, you need to maintain the workout in order to keep our face toned, lifted, and radiant.
Can I do face-gym at any time?
The expert therapist will assess you before your session. The following cases should NOT do face-gym:
- Botox in the last 2 weeks
- Fillers in the last 4 weeks
- Yoga face-gym: AED 480
- Pilates face-gym: AED 580
- Cardio face-gym: AED 680