What is Microneedling?
Microneedling, also known as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) is a cosmetic procedure that involves repeatedly puncturing the skin tiny, sterile needles. That process will stimulate the body’s natural wound healing processes, resulting in cell turnover and increased collagen and elastin production, therefore reversing as well as preventing signs of aging. Dermapens and dermarollers are two popular tools used for microneedling.
What is microneedling used for ?
- Treating scars of acne and chicken pox
- Diminishing wrinkles and fine lines
- Improving skin discoloration
- Increasing firmness and elasticity of the skin
- Rejuvenation of the face, neck, décolletage, and hands
- Reducing stretch marks
- Enhancing product absorption
What’s the difference between Microneedling Pens and Microneedling Rollers?
Both Microneedling Pen (Derma-pens) and Microneedling Rollers (Derma-rollers) are forms of microneedling used to stimulate the production of new collagen by needling the skin. Derma Pens have the following advantages over Derma rollers.
- More precise: They can easily treat those hard to reach areas (lips, nose, undereyes)
- Customized treatment: Needle depth can automatically be adjusted.
- Less epidermal damage resulting in minimal down time
- Fast treatment with minimal discomfort
Why there are different sizes of dermaroller?
The selection of size (depth of the needle) depends on your skin concern:
- 0.25mm-0.5mm: For rejuvenation, anti-aging, enlarged pores and fine lines, especially around the eyes and around lips. Also it is used to help better penetration and absorption of products.
- 1mm-1.5mm: For mild acne scars, chicken pox scarring, enlarged pores, blemishes, uneven skin tones, stretch marks, skin laxity, and wrinkles.
- 2mm- 3mm: In addition to all of the above, these sizes are particularly used for very deep acne scars and surgical scars. Such sizes should not be used at home. They are only for professional in-office use.
How long should it take before I see results?
Typically, you will see results after the first treatment. Lasting and more significant results will occur after 4 to 6 treatments (spaced 4-6 weeks apart). The bigger the size of the needle the more gap is required between session as collagen needs time to build. While 1mm needle can be used every 2 weeks, 1.5-2mm can be used every 3-4 weeks, the 3mm can only be used every 6 weeks. Your skin will continue to improve over the next 6-12 months after a course of treatments and when combined with the recommended post treatment care.
Is there any downtime after the treatment?
You may experience facial redness, mild swelling, and mild bruising for 12-48 hours after the treatment. This depends on the size of the needle and can be easily concealed with make-up. Most people are able to return to normal daily activities immediately after the treatment.
How to enhance the results of microneedling with aftercare?
To take your results to the next level, use products that focus on hydrating, healing, and increasing collagen production. Your therapist will guide you through the best products for your skin type and issues.
Depends on the method and type of meso products. The price per session starts from AED 850. Special packages will be tailors as per your skin need.